Services Provided by the Victim Witness Program:
- Give moral support by having someone available to you.
- Help if you are intimidated, harassed, or afraid.
- Inform you of the status and progression of the case.
- Assist you in preparing for court appearances and proceedings.
- Attend court with you.
- Assist you in getting back your property that is being held as evidence by police.
- Refer you to social service agencies to help you deal with issues results from the crime.
- Intervention with employer when necessary for you to miss work due to court appearances.
- Provide you with information regarding probation and/or parole.
Rockdale County is fortunate to have a free, confidential counseling program available to victims of Family Violence and Child Abuse. If you would like more information on this program, contact the Victim Witness Assistance Coordinator:
Crime Victim Compensation
The Crime Victim Compensation Fund reimburses victims for out-of-pocket expenses. The Fund does not compensate victims for pain and suffering or personal property damaged or stolen during the commission of a crime. The crime must be reported to law enforcement within 72 hours and the application must be filed within one year of the crime. To fin out if you are eligible and to get an application, contact the District Attorney’s Office or:
Crime Victim Compensation Fund
Criminal Justice Coordinator Council
503 Oak Place
Atlanta, Georgia 30349
- Protect address, phone number, and place of employment information from the accused..
- Notification of proceedings and the victim’s role.
- Notification of pre-trial release possibility, victim rights, compensation, and services.
- Notification of arrest, pre-trial release consideration hearings, and release of the accused.
- Express opinion and file complaint of the accused’s threatening behavior after release.
- Express opinion regarding disposition, pleas negotiations, and diversion programs.
- Separate waiting area during court proceedings.
- Notification of appeal/new trial.
- Notification of parole or clemency proceedings.
- You also have the right not to talk to a defense attorney or any representatives of the defendant before the trail.
- Newton County (770) 784-2070
- Rockdale County (770) 278-7990
- Walton County (770) 267-1527 or (770) 266-1355