- Include domestic/family violence in teaching curricula.
- Organize an in-service on domestic/family violence for teachers and school counselors at your school.
- Organize and awareness campaign at your school for and by the kids.
- Utilize free existing awareness campaigns such as See it and Stop it.
RESOURCES FOR EDUCATORS
GENERAL PROGRAMS AND RESOURCES
- Head Start Domestic Violence Initiative – www.glenwoodresearch.com/domestic_violence.php
- See it and Stop it – www.seeitandstopit.org/pages/
- What Schools Can Do – www.fvlc.org/ped_rap/RAP_WhatSchoolCanDo.pdf
- Relationship Abuse Prevention Curriculum – www.fvlc.org/pdf_rap/RAP_Curriculum.pdf
- Tips for Teachers – www.fvlc.org/pdf_rap/RAP_TeacherTips.pdf